Areas of focus include:
- the degree of innovation in the marketing strategy
- export growth achieved and the ability to sustain that growth
- evidence of sustainable competitive advantage
- value and contribution of exporting to business expansion
- the overall company commitment to international business.
Section 1 – Introduce your company [0% weighting]
Section 2 – About the business and its product/services [25% weighting]
- 2.1–2.2 Criteria: Assess the viability of the business, its product/service and how successful the business’ exports/international successes have been this year.
- 2.3 Criteria:
- Criteria for e-Commerce category: What are the innovative online practices/strategies the applicant has implemented to maximise their reach overseas (look for innovation in platforms, tools used and customer engagement).
- Criteria for all other industry-specific award categories: Assess the company’s activities against the selected category they have applied. Do these activities clearly reflect and effectively demonstrate leadership and innovation in the selected industry sector?
Section 3 – International marketing strategy [40% weighting]
- 3.1 Criteria: Quality of marketing strategy taking into consideration scope of applicant’s international competitive advantage.
- 3.2 Criteria: What diversity and inclusion strategies has the applicant implemented in their business.
- 3.3–3.4 Criteria: Assess the level and sustainability of international revenue considering:
- As a proportion of total sales revenue.
- In terms of value, and year-to-year percentage change in value, over the last three years or since the applicant commenced exporting.
- Total export earnings from major overseas markets.
Section 4 – Business management [25% weighting]
- 4.1 Criteria: Assess how/if employment figures support export expansion relevant to industry/category.
- 4.2 Criteria: Assess structure of company’s export/international operations and systems to effectively respond to international sales and whether the company is appropriately resourced for export expansion.
- 4.3–4.5 Criteria: Soundness of financial strategy for international business. Look for examples of a sound capital base (substantial net profit) and sufficient capital (cash and resources) to support export activity. What are applicant’s international plans for the coming year (eg new markets, additional staff, different marketing strategies).
Section 5 – International business planning and direction [10% weighting]
- 5.1 Criteria: Assess evidence of business commitment to international business.