The Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards are one of the state’s most prestigious business awards.
Entering the awards has many benefits. Preparing your entry can help you reflect on past successes and identify new market directions. And entrants attending awards events say they experience a real buzz as they connect with other entrants, business advisors and high-level decision-makers.
Award winners and finalists receive media and public attention, develop new business connections, and find doors opening for them at home and in overseas markets. Winning an award or being named a finalist is also a real energiser for your team.
To be eligible to enter, your business must meet all of the following requirements.
- The business must earn foreign exchange.
- The business must have an ABN.
- There must be substantial (at least 50%) Australian ‘value add’ in the product or service you seek to export or deliver overseas (eg a product or service that contains significant Australian content; a product produced. manufactured or designed in Australia; a service or education program delivered from Australia or via Australia to an overseas location; or a product or service that contains a high-level Australian intellectual property or know-how).
- The business must deliver net foreign returns to the Australian economy. Entrants must demonstrate ‘net return’ to Australia in terms of profit repatriation and creation of employment in Australia.
- The entrant must operate as a separate business if part of a larger organisation.
- Businesses must enter in the state/territory where their head office/most operations are established and may only enter one state/territory export awards.
- Businesses can enter more than one category, but can only win one award.
- Businesses with a non-metropolitan head office may also enter the Regional Exporter Award.
- Winners from previous years are eligible to enter (with the exception of any inductees to the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame).
- Government agencies are not eligible. However, businesses that receive government funding are eligible to enter.
- State, territory and national export award sponsors are not eligible to enter.
- Entries containing inadequate financial details will not be accepted.
- Entrants must maintain appropriate business ethics and demonstrate a commitment to legal obligations, including anti-bribery laws, both in Australia and overseas markets.
- Entry is through the state and territory export awards; there are no separate entries for the Australian Export Awards. Winners of the state and territory export awards automatically progress to become finalists in the Australian Export Awards
Meet our 2019 winners